What is OHSAS 18001?
OHSAS 18001 is an internationally recognized occupational, health and safety management system standard that specifies requirements of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS). These requirements help organisations in identifying, minimising and controlling health and safety risks in the workplace, conform to the applicable Health & Safety legislation and protect the well-being of the workforce and visitors / external contractors during operations.
The OHSAS 18001 standard provides framework for continually monitoring, reviewing and improving occupational health and safety.
The OHSAS 18001 standard is based on the Deming’s PDCA Cycle.
We ensure that the whole OHSAS 18001 Certification in India, UAE, Oman, Bahrain is seamless and will help improve your OHSMS and business.
Advantages of OHSAS 18001 certification
By achieving OHSAS 18001 certification, your organisation will be able to reap benefits as listed below:
- Helps in protection of health & well-being of employees and the other interested parties
- Boosts the image and credibility of the organization among stakeholders and public
- Fulfil legal requirements and ensure compliance related to Occupational Health and Safety
- Reduces the accident and incident rates by reducing and eliminating the hazards at the workplace
- Raises the morale of the employees by ensuring a safer workplace and encourage participation of employees toward health and safety issues.
- Good health and safety ensures leading to lesser medical claims
- A good OH&S Management System helps to achieve zero / least accident rates and health issues. This in turn helps by saving number of productive man-days which would have lost in the absence of an OH&S Management System
Who should go for OHSAS 18001 Certification?
All organizations irrespective of its business activities who have commitment to manage the safety and health of their employees and interested parties can go for OHSAS 18001 Certification India.
OHSAS 18001 Family of Standards
The OHSAS family of standards comprises of:
- OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Managements Systems Specification. This is the auditable OHSAS standard.
- OHSAS 18002: Occupational Health and Safety Managements Systems Guidelines for the implementation of OHSAS 18001